Welcome to Marquette Massage!
Backs by Popular Demand
Backs by Popular Demand has offered professional Massage Therapy services to Marquette and the surrounding communities for over 18 years. Our goal is to provide these services to fit your schedule, in a location that is convenient for you.
The Marquette School of Therapeutic Massage
The Marquette School of Therapeutic Massage was established in 2001. We offer a 500 Hour, State licensed Massage Therapy Program.
Michael Ryan LMT/Director/Instructor/Michigan Board of Massage Member
Michael has been a Certified Massage Therapist, and member of Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, in private practice since 1988, all in Marquette. He has refined his massage through the help of doctors, nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors, and other massage therapists across the country. He continues to maintain an open working relationship with the regional medical community.
• I'm really happy for the first time in many years, thank you Mike! Plus it's done wonders for my fibromyalgia haven't had a flare up since December.
• The term was long enough and the material given was at times challenging, but always fun and with your laid-back instructing everything was very easily grasped.
• You made this class very fun and easy to learn. You're very patient instructor and I appreciate these past nine months with you.
• I thought the length of the term was just right. I felt the material was presented well, good repetition of key principles, timed well, open discussions and shared ideas or questions. Techniques I found particularly helpful; quiz show style Q&A (especially with teams- takes some of the pressure off), Clay on skeletons… very visual and hands-on learning, viewing cadaver footage, two-person massaging with instructor- mimicking movements. I was impressed with your ability to work with a variety of learning styles of your students adapting your teaching methods to accommodate each person.
• I think of course was good with the amount of time spent here. I like the way we went through the material. We spent extra time on all the things we needed to.
• The time spent here was a lot of fun for me. I can't wait to learn more. Thank you it's, been a pleasure.
• I do believe the time was spent well. I do appreciate the extra time for written and practical exams when needed. Thank you for this opportunity.
• For me, the schedule, length and duration of the class were just right. Since I work full time, it made it easier for me to continue to work, and still complete the course. There is a LOTof information to learn in a short period of time, and you really only get to learn the surface of the profession which is just enough to get you started. But I realize education is not over when the class is complete, it's an ongoing process and I look forward to continue my education in Massage Therapy with clinics and workshops. Overall, I feel all of my goals have been met at this point and I am looking forward to starting my career in Massage Therapy. ~Kelly Schultz
• I am grateful that this school exists, and it met my goals…
• Oh, believe me I was challenged enough!
• I am overall very pleased that I came here. I feel confident to go out and start my own business
• I enjoyed your teaching style…it’s very sad that we’re done.
• I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I feel that it offers a comprehensive background/introduction into the world of Swedish massage. I feel adequately prepared as an entry-level massage therapist, to enter the real world in this profession from the training I have received here.
• The one on one guidance of the instructor was always very helpful. Overall I’m happy with what I learned and understand that my education does not end at the conclusion of the course. The light hearted atmosphere was enjoyable. I am confident in my ability to proceed into the professional practiced of massage with what I have learned. Thank you, ~Bryan Jung
• I really, really enjoyed the course and am so glad I signed up for it. I am really excited to begin my career as a massage therapist. I do feel that I was challenged plenty on material we did cover.
• When I first started here, I was pretty unsure of a lot of things in my life…Especially on what I wanted to do. After the first 2 weeks, my entire attitude changed. This class was great. It was the perfect amount of time; the material met my goals and objectives. I felt I was really challenged…
• I felt the class was a good length. I did feel challenged at times; to the point that I was disappointed in my ability.
• I can’t believe how fast this has gone by, and I love what I’ve learned. I’m excited to go out and do it!
• This has actually been one of my best experiences. I always hated school but, I loved this class. I think it is because of the relaxed atmosphere and small class. I also believe it’s because I am doing something that interests me. I feel the length of class was fine. I like the material and I felt challenged, but not over-stressed.